MSU Health Care, in partnership with Health Alliance Plan, or HAP, announces the HAP MSUHC Medicare (HMO) plan for 2024. This collaboration marks a significant milestone for Henry Ford Health + Michigan State University Health Sciences, a historic 30-year partnership set out to discover and advance a new standard of health.
“Our partnership with HAP represents a significant step in our commitment to enhancing the well-being of Michigan's older adults,” said Seth Ciabotti, MSU Health Care chief executive officer. “This collaboration reflects our unwavering dedication to providing older adults the best possible health care options and comprehensive support, ensuring they can enjoy life with confidence and peace of mind."
The HAP MSUHC Medicare (HMO) plan features a $0 premium and $0 primary care provider, or PCP, copay. The plan is available to all Medicare-eligible individuals in 48 Michigan counties, making it accessible across the state.
“Partnering with MSU Health Care signifies our shared commitment to elevating the standard of healthcare for Michigan's older adults,” said Michael Genord, MD, HAP President and CEO. “Together, we're not only delivering comprehensive coverage but also addressing the community's diverse healthcare needs, ensuring they receive the care and support they deserve throughout their retirement years."
In its inaugural year, the HAP MSUHC Medicare (HMO) plan was met with resounding success. Building on this momentum, the 2024 plan provides Michigan with comprehensive healthcare coverage designed to meet unique needs.
Key features of the HAP MSUHC Medicare (HMO) plan include:
- A $550 flex card, with $200 that can be used for dental, vision, and hearing services, or any combination of the three. $350 can be used for companion care, a personal emergency response system, transportation, over-the-counter items (retail or mail order), and healthy food
- $0 copay on mental health visits
- $35 copay on specialist visits
- Dental benefit with a $3,000 maximum coverage, which includes coverage for extractions
- A visitor traveler benefit that extends coverage for plan covered benefits to Medicare-participating providers in Arizona, Florida, Texas, and outside the service area in MI for up to 12 months
- No annual limit on ER coverage worldwide
- Access to a personal service coordinator who provides concierge-level service
In addition to the HAP MSUHC Medicare (HMO) plan, the HAP and MSU Health Care partnership includes several initiatives focused on educating MSU alumni and community members on the important role Medicare Advantage can play in managing their health. These initiatives include educational seminars/webinars, as well as Medicare planning checklists for patients of MSU-affiliated providers.
The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period runs from October 15 through December 7, 2023, with coverage becoming effective on January 1, 2024. For more information on the HAP MSUHC Medicare HMO plan, or to compare HAP plans, visit www.hap.org/medicare or call HAP at 833-923-1450 (TTY: 711) April 1 through Sept. 30: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 1 through March 31: seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.